1. The Monument, according to the feasibility study (Certec, Inc, 2004,) will produce over 1,300 new jobs for our area, over $63.2 Million for the Kentucky economy, and over $6.5 Million in State tax revenues.
2. The Monument is a Magnet Attraction for the entire region.
3. The Monument, combined with the Information-Celebration Center, is a marketing tool for all of Eastern Kentucky.
4. The Monument is the International Logo for all of Eastern Kentucky. It will be like the Eiffel Tower is to Paris or the Arch to St. Louis.
5. The Monument is a World Class Venue that will improve the overall image of Kentucky.
6. The Eastern Kentucky Heritage Monument will celebrate, honor, and affirm the cultural, economic, and historical contributions of the people of Eastern Kentucky.
7. The Monument will help eliminate negative stereotypes.
8. The Monument will improve the Employment Opportunities for our children.
9. The Monument has a strong Educational Component.
10. The Monument is an Economic Development Project that is definitely NOT moving to Mexico or Asia.
11. The Monument, according to the Feasibility, will receive 700,000 visitors per year by the third year of operation.
12. The Eastern Kentucky Heritage Monument will be a self-sustaining enterprise with a positive cash flow.